Monday, July 30, 2007

Week 9, Thing 21: Podcasts

I've never really used podcasts before, so this was interesting for me. Before I explored some of the directories (because I really didn't know what I wanted to look for), I went to the website of the radio station where my dad works, WRBS, because I knew there were archived podcasts from some of the morning shows. So, I listened to some of those to kind of understand how podcasts work and get the feel for them. I looked at all the directories, but the only one I really liked and found the most useful was Podcast Alley. There were a couple reasons. One, I found a link right away to the top 50 podcasts that were listened to the most. Two, I was able to look at podcasts by genre and that allowed me to more easily pick out one that I thought would be interesting to listen to. I clicked on the Sports and Recreation section and found one within the top 50 called "Cup Car Update." As you might guess, it's about NASCAR. :) I listened to it, liked it, and added it to my Bloglines account. I will definitely be coming back to Podcast Alley to find more because I like how it's set up and I find it really easy to use.

No comments: