Thursday, July 12, 2007

Week 6, Thing 14: Discover Technorati

I had already explored Technorati quite a bit and blogged about it in Thing 9 because I found it to be one of the best search tools for finding blogs. When I used it to do the keyword search for "Learning 2.0" a lot of the results that came back weren't relevant. However, I did find some blogs from other 2.0 users in different states that I wouldn't have found otherwise. I enjoyed looking at the Popular page on Technorati's site. The top searches weren't as interesting to me as the list of blogs that people had favorited. Not surprisingly, that list was similar to the top blogs list. I clicked on one blog called Engadget. It's a blog about all kinds of new technology. Some of the top tags that Technorati used to define Engadget included home entertainment, breaking news, microsoft, cellphones, and portable audio. I enjoyed looking through the various posts and found two very interesting ones that caught my attention: One is about Gateway's new laptops and another talks about lightning and iPods. This is why I like Technorati. It helps you find topic-specific blogs that would be hard to track down otherwise. Tags definitely help!

No comments: