Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Week 8, Thing 18: Online productivity tools

I was aware that Microsoft Office was not the "be all and end all" for creating spreadsheets, documents, and other such things. However, I didn't realize how simple it was to do all these things online with help from Google, Zoho, and other services. I tried out Google Docs for this exercise and I was very impressed. The layout when creating a document is similar to Word, but the toolbar is much less cluttered and easier to use. I just made one simple test document, but I was able to find everything I needed very quickly. It's also very easy to rename. I really like how this program allows you to save a file in many different formats depending on your needs. I can see this being useful as a backup of sorts and I think it's a great tool.

No comments: