Saturday, June 23, 2007

Week 3, Thing 7: Technology - Touch Screens

I found this article on Baltimore Sun's website: Touch Screen Phones Poised For Growth. I would encourage anyone to read it if they have time. Apple's iPhone is coming out soon and if you've seen the ads for it on TV, you know it's pretty cool. It'll be a phone that does everything, from making calls to playing music. However, what I found the most interesting was its touch screen. "Touch" is probably the wrong word because with this new technology, the pressure of a finger or stylus pen isn't even necessary. These screens will react with accuracy to brushes and flicks of a finger. It's hard to explain fully if someone hasn't read the article, so that's why I posted a link to it! :) When I think of touch screens, the first thing that comes to my mind are the interactive ones at the Baltimore Aquarium. They are fun to play around with, but they are the kind that require a push or hard tap of the finger on the screen to go where you want. This technology improvement is amazing to me and I can easily see it being used in many different places and ways in the future.

No comments: