Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Week 3, Thing 5: Explore Flickr

Flickr is so much fun! There are so many cool photos to look at. I could waste a lot of time just looking at other people's pictures! I have actually used Flickr before to look at concert pictures posted by my favorite band, Kutless. I've never tried to post photos before, but maybe I will after looking at everyone else's. I had a really hard time just choosing one interesting picture. There were so many neat ones just in one category alone. I think I've found my favorite though, at least for today. :)
This is a picture of the Jockey's Ridge sand dunes in the Outer Banks, North Carolina. After looking through many different tags and categories, I decided to type in "outer banks" and see what came up. There were so many lovely pictures that people had posted. I chose this one though because whenever we go to the Outer Banks, my favorite part of the trip is almost always our week-ending visit to Jockey's Ridge. It's so cool to see how the dunes change every year. I also like this picture because it reminds me of the poem "Footprints." OBX is my favorite place in the world and this picture brought back memories of our trip there earlier this summer.

2 comments:

Peggy C said...

This picture reminds me of one of my favorite poems about Jesus walking beside someone and then carrying them! Nice thought!
Pegy

PurpleBird said...

That's what I thought of too! The "Footprints" poem. It's my best friend's favorite. -Mallory